I was a little late coming into the “Frozen” game. The first time I saw this newest Disney animated film was late in it’s days at the theaters, and I loved it! I had heard A LOT about the film prior to seeing it, but at first it failed to keep my attention long enough to make me want to see it.
Sometimes you get lucky and find a band or artist that comes to mean the world to you. For me that band is called McFly, a British pop/rock band that I was introduced to the summer before my freshman year of high school. Eight years later, and still hold them very near and dear to my heart. Continue reading From Pop Star to Viral Video Master
The music industry is in a constant state of change. That being said, this video from August 2012 could almost be considered out of date. However Jim Dittmar from My Cheap Jobs brings ups some good points about music marketing. Many can even be applied to any sort of business. Here I’ve compiled a list of highlights.
- It takes serious a dedication of time to reach your true marketing potential.
- For every hour you spend on creating your music or developing your production, you should be spending at least 10 times that marketing it.
- No one will care, or know more about your product than you.
- You have to market every single day.
- You should constantly be thinking of new ways to get your product or music out to more people.
- Try new things and decide what does and doesn’t work.
- You have to constantly present on social media.
- You just need to be willing to step up. Do the research, and get the job done. Dedication is key to marketing.
How have you been marketing yourself?
This week I decided to give myself a bit of a personal project. I’m going to start following the US official charts every week. On Monday I will post the top ten songs from the previous week. The US charts will be provided from Billboard.com. You can find the official chart here. Continue reading Top 10 songs in the US for the week of February 15th, 2014